We are happy to welcome You to a Free online course ‘Evidence based public policy making’. You may join it any time!
The course is a fundamental level introduction to Evidence-based public policy making that is aimed at developing the practical skills of civil servants for a public policy preparation based on thorough problem analysis and theory of change. The course is hands-on in nature as focuses on practical rather than theoretical policy development knowledge and skills. They are introduced by means of an example case and are subsequently practiced during the course as participants may work on their own case. The course is updated regularly to reflect the context of the Ukrainian public administration, in particular the CABMIN Regulation. The course covers key tools, methods and techniques in line with the EU Better Regulation Toolbox.
If you are interested in further developing your knowledge and skills, you may apply for 4-day EBPPM Training Course of the Association4U: link
The EBPPM course developed on a competency-based approach of the OECD, 2014 thus participants get such competencies as:
The target audience are civil servants from the center of government, central line ministries, agencies, etc. involved in public policy making, including state experts and DGs. The course may also be applicable to civil servants from lower levels of government if they have public policy development duties.
The participants will:
1. Know about the concept and theory of EBPPM;
2. Know about the typical analytical, stakeholder consultation and decision making process regarding EBPPM;
3. Know how EBPPM relates to government priorities, the AA/ DCFTA, legal approximation, CABMIN Regulation and the electoral cycle in Ukraine;
4. Be able to use problem and objective tree analysis skills;
5. Be able to generate and elaborate policy options.